Vinnies Youth Queensland
State Youth Manager
South Brisbane Based
Full Time + Motor Vehicle
Salary Packaging and Meal and Entertainment benefits
The St Vincent De Paul Society Queensland is well recognised for achieving excellent results within the community. Its mission is its strength, as are the members, staff and volunteers that change the lives of those they work with throughout the community.
As the State Youth Manager, you will be responsible for engaging, encouraging and promoting youth involvement within the Society. Leading the Society youth strategic direction and encompassing the mission in the work that is being performed and outputs achieved. With your experience and knowledge, you will support and oversee youth operations across the state ensuring work is being performed in accordance with the Society policy and procedures.
Essential to the role is your ability to support volunteer led programs, promote youth related programs for the Society in Schools, universities and parishes. Encouraging students/young people to be interested in social justice including establishing programs/projects in conjunction with local management committees is a key element of the role.
Ideally you will have experience in multi-program management and are commercially astute with demonstrated business management skills, possessing a background in achieving results, identifying opportunities and ensuring effective use of resources whilst demonstrating a commitment to innovation, safety and people.
The successful applicant will meeting the following selection criteria:
- Knowledge and experience of Youth programs, policy and legislation relating to the Child Protection legislation
- Demonstrated experience working with young adults and coordinating a diverse group of people, including volunteer engagements
- Experience in developing presentations, promotional resources and facilitating state meetings and training workshops
- Ability to understand and monitor financials report developing accurate and precise financial budgets
- Demonstrated superior written, oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of the St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland and an ability to work in accordance with policies and procedures to promote the values and mission of the Society
- Demonstrated ability to proactively initiate and implement change and continuous improvements in Society procedures, including development, coordination and review of Society youth processes
- Well-developed organizational and leadership skills including the ability to manage a diverse team.
- Current Queensland Drivers license and must hold or be eligible to obtain a Working with Children Suitability Card and suitable National Police History Check
Additional Position Requirements:
- Ability to travel between work locations
- Occasional / frequent weekends or out of normal hours work may be required. (Rostered Time in Lieu arrangements will be negotiated upon successful employment)
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package including salary packaging, position stability, training and development opportunities and job satisfaction working with a friendly and supportive environment. A motor vehicle is also provided as part of this position package.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, addressing selection criteria via SEEK. If you would like to view the Position Description please visit our website: www.vinnies.org.au.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.
The St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All persons are encouraged to apply.
Campus Pastoral Associate
Campus Location: Brisbane
Functional Unit: Campus Ministry
Work Type: Fixed term full time
- Foster faith formation and engagement
- Enriching the religious and spiritual lives of ACU staff
- Full time, 12 months fixed term, located in Brisbane
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Within the Office of the Vice President (OVP) Portfolio Campus Ministry animates opportunities for members of the University community to deepen their experience of faith and to use their gifts and talents in service to the world, while enabling them to engage in an authentic Catholic university experience while studying or working at ACU.
Within Campus Ministry there are two roles that provide Ministry services to the ACU Community; these are Campus Pastoral Associate (CPA) Students and Campus Pastoral Associate (CPA) Staff.
CPA Student roles work within the Campus Ministry Team to implement on a day to day basis programs and activities to facilitate faith formation, the facilitation of spirituality, engagement in the Catholic intellectual tradition, and prayer experiences for the University’s students
Providing day to day support to the Campus Ministry Manager, the CPA Student role facilitates and supports the implementation of the vision for Campus Ministry to meet the unique needs of the campus. More specifically, the role entails:
- Implements a range of strategies and programs that enable students to explore and express personal and community spirituality
- Oversee the implementation of events and activities in cooperation with the Campus Ministry Leadership
- Collaborate and cooperate with other offices and departments to fulfil Campus Ministry goals
You will need to have:
- An in-depth understanding of the University’s mission and Catholic ethos and the criticality of applying this in these roles
- Completed a Bachelor degree or higher in Theology, Religious Education or Ministry
- Relevant experience in pastoral ministry
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description here Campus Pastoral Associate Students PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $84,580 – $90,889 pa, including salary component $77,242 – $83,004 (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be made to Brother Michael Callinan, Campus Ministry Manager on (02) 9739 2455 or Michael.email@example.com
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: Wednesday 21 November 2018 at 11.55pm
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications close: 21 Nov 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
Our Lady of the Southern Cross Parish, Springfield
Director of Children’s & Youth Ministry
Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry
Full-time position of 38 hours per week
Salary range $40,000 – $50,000 (depending on experience) + Super
Our Lady of the Southern Cross Parish (OLSC) is the Catholic Parish which services the Greater Springfield area. Everything OLSC does is guided by its mission statement:
Our Lady of the Southern Cross Parish is a safe community of love, that believes in the power of the Holy Spirit to change lives and make disciples who bring people to Jesus.
As a disciple who belongs to our community, I commit to worship, to learn, to connect, to serve and to give.
We are a Church:
- Where people get to know and love Jesus
- That is married to Mission (not the method)
- That doesn’t use people to build up Church, But use Church to build up our people.
- Where change is okay, experimenting and innovation is accepted (and expected)
- Where relationships are built on vulnerability and trust
We’re looking for a committed Christian leader with a passion for discipling young people and children with the gospel. The ideal candidate is an experienced minister who can relate well with youth, parents, teachers and adult volunteers. This role will require a candidate with demonstrated experience bringing youth to Christ, filling youth with joy, peace, purpose and holiness and sending Youth out on mission. It would be desirable to have musical ability to enhance this ministry. The main purpose will be to establish age specific youth groups and grow young leaders; and to support and lead our children’s ministry volunteers.
In consultation and cooperation with the Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry is responsible for coordinating parish children and youth ministry programming for parishioners from 2 years of age to young adults (up to 30 years). This person will serve as part of the Parish Strategic Team and be supported by the Director of Evangelisation and the Parish Priest.
We believe that a healthy culture is key to growth and is made up of people who are hungry to see transformed lives, humble enough to be ongoing learners and relationally savvy when it comes to working alongside and leading people.
Full-time position of 38 hours per week including being present at all Sunday services as well as other key Church gatherings. Saturday is a non-work day, as well as a single weekday as negotiated upon commencement. Given the nature of the role, work outside normal office hours is required and therefore flexible work arrangements are supported. An ability to fundraise will need to be demonstrated.
In your application please include your story/call to ministry within your cover letter and your resume to summarise your ministry experience. Please include a copy of a piece of correspondence to teachers/parents. Email your application to Vanessa Comninos; firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, including a copy of the position description, please call 0414 052 325.
Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees are held to a different and, many times, higher standard of conduct. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with, and supportive of, the mission and purpose of the Catholic Church. You will be required to have a Queensland Government issued ‘BlueCard’ and background checks, including police check will be performed prior to commencement.
Applications Close: November 25th 2018
Youth Retreat Team 2019
Young adults aged between 18-30
- Be part of a team
- Gain excellent life skills
- Facilitate retreats
Some requirements include:
- Drivers licence
- Blue card
- Police check
- Commitment to growth within yourself
- Be part of our retreat program
- Once a month training day
- Start of year retreat (February 1-3)
- Code of conduct to sign
- Ability to travel
- Passionate about working with young people
Contact Jo McDade (Team Leader)
M: 0439 300 832
Applications Close 4th December