Parish Support and Projects Officer (Youth Evangelisation Office)
Closing date: Sunday 15th October 2017
The Youth Evangelisation Office animates, supports and promotes the efforts of Catholic youth initiatives across the Archdiocese of Brisbane. With the increasing interest in youth ministry from parishes and ethnic communities, the Youth Evangelisation Office is seeking to expand the support it provides by employing a second Parish Support and Projects Officer for a fixed contract.
Reporting to the Youth Project Consultant, who heads up the Youth Evangelisation Office, the Parish Support and Projects Officer will provide practical and pastoral support to empower parishes and ethnic communities of the Archdiocese of Brisbane to run youth initiatives in a sustainable manner.
This will be achieved through accompaniment, facilitating and sourcing formation opportunities, researching resources and programs along with promoting collaboration, training and strategic planning. This position will always be working alongside the leadership of the parish/ethnic community.
The Parish Support and Projects Officer will also be responsible for managing projects that further the goals and objectives of the Youth Evangelisation Office.
The successful applicant will be joining a small team that is collaborative and creative in its nature where the focus for the successful applicant will primarily be parishes and ethnic communities. The Youth Evangelisation Office is an office of Evangelisation Brisbane, located in the Catholic Precinct in Brisbane CBD.
This position will be a full-time fixed contract finishing in December 2018.
The successful candidate requires:
- A personal commitment to the Catholic values, teachings and mission of the Catholic Church
- Significant youth ministry experience in a diverse range of Catholic youth initiatives including parishes, ethnic communities, movements and religious orders
- A thorough understanding of youth discipleship and evangelisation
- Demonstrated experience in building up youth leaders in a church context
- Demonstrated experience in the pastoral care of young people and young adults in complex situations
- Tertiary qualifications in youth ministry, theology, counselling, pastoral care or similar (desirable)
- High level skills to support parish ministry and evangelisation to high schoolers and young adults through training, resourcing, formation and strategic planning
- An ability and desire to develop intentional relationships with high schoolers and young adults to mentor and empower emerging leaders
- High level research skills to source, critically evaluate and disseminate resources to support parish formation and youth discipleship
- High level organisational skills to project manage given projects from conceptualisation, development, implementation to assessment and reporting
- Ability to recognise and appreciate the diversity found in the Catholic Church
Starting at: $34/hr
Applications close: 11:59pm 15th October 2017
Apply now! Do not miss out on this opportunity to support and empower the new generation of parish youth leaders in the Archdiocese of Brisbane. For a position description or further information, please contact Teresa McGrath on (07) 3324 3446 or apply by sending an email with a cover letter and your (word formatted) resume attached, marked “Attention Teresa McGrath” to email@example.com.